Sunday, February 20, 2011

getting out of dodge...

Tonight was fun. We, as in E, the kiddos and myself, went to my friend’s (M) house. Originally it was supposed to be just a ladies night out type of thing with some other Coastie Wives, but then it turned into a ladies-night-out-while-some-of-the-husbands-attempt-to-watch-the-children kind of night, lol. Some of the other women couldn’t make it so it was just M and her DH, L and her DH plus their 3 littles and us.

It was fun. M, L and I sat in the kitchen and played cards while the guys wrangled the kids, drank beer and watched TV. We are some yummy food, talked a lot, laughed even more and just had a generally peaceful and fun night away from the house. We seriously need to do that kind of thing more often. Having an adult conversation with someone else besides E is a wonderful thing and very refreshing, lol.

Plus, tonight made me really realize that Sawyer desperately needs more kiddo on kiddo action. E and I play with him a lot, but we are no substitute for the real deal. He loves other kids his age and just lights up around them. And for the most part he is great with them. We did have one little jealousy incident that left a little girl crying. But I was told in the end that he seemed genuinely sorry, and that she forgave him and that they went on their merry little way, so – I say success! Hahaha!

But tonight made me really think that I need to find Sawyer and I a local mommy and me group or some sort of center where he can be around other children on a regular basis. I think it will be good for him and I think that he will love it. Let’s just hope that I can find a reputable place or group that doesn’t freak me out. The people in this area tend to make me want to lock my car doors while I am still inside of it – so it will be a challenge to find a group that I trust my child to be a part of, but I am going to make a very serious attempt at it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment