Friday, February 11, 2011

Major Order's Update....

Somebody loves us … a lot!

I am so happy to announce that we are not going to St Louis! Instead E Is being transferred to the CGC Bertholf….. which is stationed out of Alameda on CG Island!!!!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!***Happy Dance***

This is an amazing opportunity for E for the following reasons.

1.We don’t have to move!
2.He gets to keep his same rotation date.
3.He gets his cutterman pin back (anyone remember that debacle!?!)
4.We can still keep our savings plan the same.
5.We can actually save even more money!
6.He gets to have sea time points for when he tries to make Chief – which is a big deal!
7.He will actually get the leadership experience he wants and needs.
8.He will have a fantastic priority for the next transfer season.
9.He will be far happier with this job.
10.And did I mention that we don’t have to move?!?!

Of course there is one thing that really sucks about this. He will be gone 50-60% of the year. But that’s just the way it goes and we have done it before, and we will do it again! It will just be a little bit harder this time with the kids. But we aren’t going to dwell on that part right now. We are just going to focus on haw freaking AWESOME it is that he going to the Bertholf.

It’s practically a miracle. He was slated for St Louis, they are desperate for guys there and some other guy was already slated for the Bertholf. Plus, E has been underway before and in the IT world, generally once is enough. There are a lot of IT’s that haven’t gotten underway in their whole career’s and right now they are pretty adamant about making those guys get underway before they have other guys that have already been underway go again. So it’s just crazy how this has all turned out.

This was that littler thing that I mentioned in my previous blog post, just in case you were wondering. See, the Detailer called E yesterday and said that things had changed and he could now offer him Milwaukee, and then he casually mentioned he had a cutter opening available, but he doubted E would want it. And E was like – wait, Yes I do!!! What Cutter? And so the Detailer told him (and was in shock that E wanted it, lol) and E said, yeah that’s what I want out of everything, but let me talk to my wife first before I give you a definite yes. So he called me and I was just like – “are you kidding me!?! Call him back now and say Yes Yes Yes!!!” and so he called and had to leave a message and then he send of an email to the Detailer reiterating what he wanted. And then the next thing we know – E has official orders to the Bertolf in his inbox this morning!

Like I said, it’s practically a miracle and somebody out there must really love us. We are so thankful for this and are giddy with excitement. E told me today that he just wants to run over the Bertholf and spread his arms wide open and say “Here I am! Where do I sit?!?!” lol silly man.

Now it’s time to go have a few celebratory drinks, this news is just too good not to celebrate! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment