Tuesday, February 8, 2011

well now we know...

We have our answer – St. Louis, MO it is…. Ugh… Just Ugh.

We don’t know when, and technically E doesn’t have official orders yet. The Detailer didn’t even call or email him (nice, huh?) he just emailed the MC at the ESU and told him that he slated E for St Louis and E’s friend for Juneau, AK…. Hmpf, at least the last Detailer took some time out to really talk to E about his billet he was being assigned to. But we know the orders won’t change, especially with the Detailer being so desperate for people to go there. We also don’t know where E will even be working at, or what the schedule is going to be like or, well anything at all! It’s very frustrating and we are going to have to wait awhile for some answers, which sucks for us because it makes it to where we can’t plan all that much yet – which is torture for me!

On the upside of things since it’s a brand new unit, E will technically be considered a “Plank Owner” but he says it doesn’t really count, lol… I say it counts for now, because we need to try to find positive things about this. So while we hurry up and wait, I am going to busy myself with trying to plan our cross country trip and find out a little more about St Louis and the towns that surround it.

We thought it was going to be St Louis, but I think we were also holding onto the hope that maybe we would get a call and be told “oh never mind, you are staying put” but of course that can’t happen to us! Nope, we just aren’t lucky like that, lol. This whole short tour business wouldn’t be so bad if we could have just stayed on the West Coast, or if it would have been a job that would have been great for E’s career in the long run. But this job is neither of those things and it’s… well I don’t even have the words for it right now. There are a lot of emotions going through us right now and I can’t even begin to describe them all.

On another note – today really did suck. I am sick, very very sick. So sick I cannot even talk. I had to have E call and cancel Sawyer’s speech therapy because I literally have no voice. And of course today is the day that Penny has to climb the tree and get out of the yard again! When I have no voice to call her! Agh! At least I was able to whistle (weird how that works…) and she was still close enough she could hear me. Oh and there was the little matter of Sawyer having such a bad blowout that I tossed his clothes he was wearing and put him in a bath to clean him up. It was disgusting.

Yep, today sucked all right. At least I have Glee to look forward to after everyone goes to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment